Saturday, September 28, 2013

Points To Ponder 09/29/2013

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
"Where is the hope? I meet millions who tell me that they feel demoralized by the decay around us. Where is the hope? The hope that each of us have is not in who governs us, or what laws are passed, or what great things that we do as a nation. Our hope is in the power of God working through the hearts of people, and that's where our hope is in this country; that's where our hope is in life." - Chuck Colson
**********            
BIBLE QUIZ: 
**********
Old Testament/Stories of Solomon and the kings and prophets who followed him. I Kings 20:33ff

…..Then Ben-hadad came to Ahab; and Ahab had him to come up into his chariot. And Ben-hadad said unto him, “The cities, which my father took from your father, I will restore; and you may set up your own market areas in Damascus, as my father did in Samaria." Ahab said, "On the basis of a treaty I will set you free." So he made a treaty with him, and let him go.

And a certain man of the sons of the prophets said unto his neighbor in the word of the LORD, "Strike me with your weapon," but the man refused. Then said he unto him, “Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as you have departed from me, a lion will kill you”. And as soon as he was departed from him, a lion found him, and killed him. Then he found another man, and said, "Strike me with your weapon." So the man struck him and wounded him.

So the prophet departed, and waited for the king by the road,  . . . .

Why did the prophet want a man to strike and wound him? Why did he wait beside the road for the king? [NOTE - There was a stiff penalty for not obeying the words of the prophet]
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home