Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Points To Ponder 09/25/2013

Did you miss getting your daily “Point To Ponder”? Some did and sent me emails asking if I was alright :0) Yes, we are doing fine but we were on vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan at a remote cabin on Gooseneck Lake. Only one bar on the phone and no Wi-Fi!!! At any rate once I get the photos from the trip edited I will have a ton of new photos for “Points To Ponder”…  
**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
One improper word or act will neutralize the effect of many good ones; and one base deed, after years of noble service, will cover them all with shame. - James H. Aughey
**********            
BIBLE QUIZ: 
**********
Old Testament/Stories of Solomon and the kings and prophets who followed him. I Kings 20:8ff

The elders and the people all answered the king, "Don't listen to him or agree to his demands." So he replied to Ben-Hadad's messengers, "Tell my lord the king, 'Your servant will do all you demanded the first time, but this demand I cannot do.'" They left and took the answer back to Ben-Hadad.

Then Ben-Hadad sent another message to Ahab: "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if enough dust remains in Samaria to give each of my men a handful." The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'" Ben-Hadad heard this message while he and the kings were drinking in their tents, and he ordered his men: "Prepare to attack." So they prepared to attack the city.

Meanwhile a prophet of God came to Ahab king of Israel and announced, "This is what the LORD says: . . . . .

What did the Lord say?
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home