Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Points To Ponder 09/11/2013

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
Faith is the postage stamp on our prayers.
**********            
BIBLE QUIZ: 
**********
Old Testament/Stories of Solomon and the kings and prophets who followed him. I Kings 18:15-22

And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely show myself unto king Ahab today.

So Obadiah went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah. And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Are you he that troubles Israel?

And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but you, and your father's house, in that you have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou have followed Baalim. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto Mount Carmel. And bring the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel's table."

So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together at Mount Carmel. And Elijah went before the people and said,  . . .

What was Elijah’s challenge to the people?
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home