Saturday, September 07, 2013

Points To Ponder 09/08/2013

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
The person who knows “how” will always have a job. The person who knows “why” will always be his boss. - Diane Ravitch
**********            
BIBLE QUIZ: 
**********
Old Testament/Stories of Solomon and the kings who followed him. I King 17:7-16

And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land. And the word of the LORD came unto him [Elijah the Tishbite], saying, Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongs to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee. So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink. And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in your hand.

          And she said, As the LORD thy God lives, I have no bread, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a jar: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and fix it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as you have said: but make me a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and afterwards make some for you and for your son. For this is what the LORD God of Israel says, 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives ______ on the ________.'"

Fill in the blanks above.
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home