Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Photo For 01/30/2013


 
Morse Mercantile at Forks Creek, Colorado…. This is a 1/24 scale scratch built model I did which includes full interior detail. I scratch built the wooden barrels, pot belly stove, apple barrel, produce boxes, pumpkins, the brick chimney and even “Duke” the dog. After building the masters I then made latex molds and cast multiple copies from plaster.  The master for the brick chimney was built from wood while lying in a hospital bed during one of my many hospital stays.

Nearly every item in the store interior is scratch built including the sales counter, meat counter, meat scales, butcher paper roll dispenser, shelving, upright refrigerator/freezer, calendar, clock, stove and stove pipe, cans, boxes, barrels, and bags. There are hundreds of boxed and canned goods (all were either scratch built or made from my own castings). All the labels for the boxes and canned goods were created on my computer in Microsoft Publisher and printed on my color printer. These labels were then applied ONE by ONE to each item. The gas pump and the car are kits. Close to 600 hours was invested in the project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home