Friday, April 26, 2013

Points To Ponder 04/27/2103

**********       
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
You cannot truly listen to someone and do something else at the same time.
**********             
BIBLE QUIZ: 
**********
Old Testament/Stories of Samuel, Saul and David (I Samuel 28:11ff)

 . . . . Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up for you? And he said, Bring me up Samuel. And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, Why did you deceive me? For you are Saul. And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: tell me what you saw? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself. And Samuel said to Saul, Why have you disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answers me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called you, that you may make known unto me what I shall do. Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become your enemy? And the LORD hath done to him, as he spoke by me: for the LORD hath torn the kingdom out of your hand, and given it to thy neighbor, even to David: Because you did not obey the voice of the LORD, nor execute his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore has the LORD done this thing unto you this day. Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and tomorrow you and your sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines. . . . Then Saul………..
 
What happened to Saul after he had heard these words from Samuel?
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home