Thursday, January 05, 2012

Points To Ponder 01/06/2011

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
We have employments assigned to us for every circumstance in life. When we are alone, we have our thoughts to watch; in the family, our tempers; and in company, our tongues. - Hannah Moore
**********
BIBLE QUIZ: THE GOSPEL ACCOUNTS OF THE LIFE OF JESUS
**********
How did Jesus resist the temptations of the devil? He quoted Scripture to him...and we can do the same.

Luke 4:5-8

5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the __________ of the world. 6 And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 So if you worship me, it will all be yours."
8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

See Deuteronomy 6:13 to see the passage Jesus was quoting....
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home