Monday, November 28, 2011

Points To Ponder 11/29/2011

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
Whining about opponents or the tough circumstances you must deal with as a leader is a fast way to shrink your influence. - Pastor Rick Warren
**********
BIBLE QUIZ:
**********
See Genesis 50:4-11 NIV

4 When the days of mourning had passed, Joseph said to Pharaoh's court, "If I have found favor in your eyes, speak to Pharaoh for me. Tell him, 5'My father made me swear an oath and said, "I am about to die; bury me in the tomb I dug for myself in the land of Canaan." Now let me go up and bury my father; then I will return.'"
6 Pharaoh said, "Go up and bury your father, as he made you swear to do."
7 So Joseph went up to bury his father. All __________ officials accompanied him — the dignitaries of his court and all the dignitaries of ___________ 8 besides all the members of Joseph's household and his brothers and those belonging to his father's household. Only their children and their flocks and herds were left in Goshen. 9 Chariots and horsemen also went up with him. It was a very large company.
10 When they reached the threshing floor of Atad, near the Jordan, they lamented loudly and bitterly; and there Joseph observed a seven-day period of mourning for his father. 11 When the Canaanites who lived there saw the mourning at the threshing floor of Atad, they said, "The Egyptians are holding a solemn ceremony of mourning." That is why that place near the Jordan is called Abel Mizraim.
**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home