Monday, July 19, 2010

Points To Ponder 07/20/2010

**********
POINTS TO PONDER:
**********
"Reality, in fact, is usually something you could not have guessed. That is one of the reasons I believe Christianity. It is a religion you could not have guessed. If it offered us just the kind of universe we had always expected, I should feel we were making it up. But, in fact, it is not the sort of thing anyone would have made up. It has just that queer twist about it that real things have. So let us leave behind all these boys' philosophies--these over simple answers. The problem is not simple and the answer is not going to be simple either." - C.S. Lewis
**********
BIBLE QUIZ:
**********
Recently we had a Bible Trivia Challenge at church (on a Wednesday evening)...I did well, but one question I missed embarrassed me so I decided to remedy the problem. The question was to list the 10 commandments in order...we didn’t have to have all the exact detail...but enough to show we knew what they were...So I came up with an acrostic to help me remember them in order. I had it memorized in five minutes...maybe you will also find it helpful :0) This is based on the NKJV translation.

O = You shall have no other gods before Me.
I = You shall not make for yourself a carved image (or idol).......
V = You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain
----------------------------------------------------------------
S = Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy....
H = Honor your father and your mother....
M = You shall not murder.
A = You shall not commit adultery.
S = You shall not steal.
----------------------------------------------------------------
W = You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
C = You shall not covet your neighbor's.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home