Monday, November 30, 2009

Photo for 12/1/2009


Twin Falls area at Yankee Boy Basin...Some of my journal from the trip that day... We left the cabin at 11:15 A.M. (September 24, 2008) with a beginning mileage on Ruby of 22,078 miles.
We headed up to Yankee Boy Basin. Another totally clear day with some of the bluest sky I have ever seen. En route we took a ton of pictures in the narrow canyon as the sun came through the golden aspen leaves.

At Twin Falls I was so intent on looking at the falls that I was not paying attention to the road ahead. As we came over a pile of dirt (that was piled up to divert the water where you can’t see the road ahead)...the front left side of Ruby suddenly made a big drop. I looked out the window and saw that half of the road had been washed away. If I had gone much further we would have probably rolled!! At any rate PTL...as I just put Ruby in reverse and backed out...and drove around it….I did pay more attention after that :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home