Monday, October 02, 2006

Photo for 10/03/2006

Here is a view of the logging truck. In the background is my dad brining in a log behind “Baldy” one of our two skid horses.

FYI - The Sep/Oct 2006 Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette (a model railroading magazine…available in most hobby shops) has an article I wrote in it. The article is about this history of the Morse Timber Company Sawmill (aka "The Timber Place") and how I built an ‘HO’ scale model of it. The Morse Timber Company was….a real (small) company that my grandparents and parents owned and operated from 1945 - 1958. The sawmill was located close to Squaw Pass, Colorado on Snyder Mountain @ 9,000 feet in elevation. The article is 6 pages long with 11 photographs. Here is the web site for the magazine and following is one of my photographs of the model: http://www.ngslgazette.com/issue.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home